Strawberry Shortcakes

"That's it, I'm gettin' mine apron on." -Pyper

"Strawberries?! I LOVE strawberries!...Cupcakes?! Oh, I LOVE cupcakes!" -Paisley

If you are wondering. Yes, in fact, I did have the CUTEST helpers ever.

I couldn't cut these babies up fast enough. They were gobbled up before we could even add them to our creation. (If attempting this recipe, be sure to have extras on hand, in case you have hunger helpers too).




 
The best part of all the hard work


Strawberry Short-Cupcakes
It's all in the name...short...this is one quick recipe! A yummy after school treat on a hot afternoon!

Ingredients
  • 2 cups diced strawberries
  • 2 Tbsp. sugar
  • 1 box white cake mix
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup whipping cream
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
Add sugar to strawberries in a medium bowl. Stir and set aside. Mix together cake mix, eggs, whipping cream, vanilla, and salt.

Scoop 1-2 tablespoons batter into paper liners. Add 2 tablespoons strawberry mixture on top. Cover strawberries with more batter and fill 3/4 full. Save extra strawberries for garnish.

Bake at 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Allow cake to cool slightly before serving with whipped cream and strawberries.

**This batter is thicker than your typical cupcake or cake batter.





Whipped Cream Frosting

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups heavy whipping cream
  • 1/4-1/2 cup powdered sugar (depending on preference)
Pour cream into large mixing bowl and start mixing at low speed. Gradually increase speed until cream thickens and soft peaks form.

Turn off mixer and add sugar. Start slowly again, beat until stiff peaks form.

The stiffer the cream, the easier it is to frost the cupcakes. Keep refridgerated

**I put my frosting in a plastic bag and snipped a corner of the bag off, then frosted. Instead of using the rest of the strawberry mixture, I topped my cupcakes with strawberry halves, I thought it looked prettier. 


Comments

Popular Posts