Be good to yourself


I remember getting divorced at a young age thinking and believing that I was broken, damaged... even ruined. That it didn’t matter how good I may be, this circumstance made me a horrible failure. I grew up with expectations of my life and family and in an instant they were gone. Stolen from my heart and I felt far from who I really was inside with no way of getting that back. Looking back, I have gathered that this experience in my life actually changed and molded who I am today, in the most brilliant, positive way. It has shown me how beautiful my life truly is and what it can be, if my doubts and fears don’t get in the way. It made me far more tolerant of others and myself. And to simply “let it be.” If I could say anything to that young, single mom of two at the age of 21 living in the “palace”... or anyone else with similar feelings I would say: Be patient with yourself. Love yourself the way you love others. Be quick to forgive YOURSELF. Assume the good, doubt the negative... in all things. Nobody has time for negativity and drama anyway. Be true to yourself regardless of others choices and influence, because right around the corner is the man and life of your dreams. 🙌🏻😍 ...and other good things. Lots.

Comments

Popular Posts