Perfectionism



I believe we, as humans, have a desire to be fed. Fed physically, emotionally, mentally, spiritually, etc. But, what is the world feeding us and are we just biting at whatever it dishes out? Are we intentionally choosing what to feed our minds and souls? I'll admit I have fallen into the first category many, many times. I let the world feed me the ideas of a perfect house, perfect face, perfect body, perfect family, perfect life...perfect, perfect, PERFECT. Yuck!! Because in reality it's the flaw I find beautiful and intriguing. It's the wrinkles and laugh lines I find comfort in. It's the imperfect journey and stories that make us who we are, absolutely capturing. It is what connects us to others, helps us understand that pain and joy go together more beautifully that imagined. I have found that I am simply more happy, productive and motivated not by "perfectionism" but by realism. The real life that we embrace, and love, and find joy in that really is the key. It's where I found my most true and loyal friends, fell for the love of my life and became a mother. (And really, what else matters?!) It was not under perfect circumstances by any means, but my most truest moments that brought the biggest blessings. Feed your mind with the thoughts that today, you are EXACTLY who and where you need to be. You. ARE. Enough. That behind all those "perfect pictures" is a real story. Feed yourself with the reminder to BE TRUE to yourself and what you believe in. The world needs more real, good, genuine people. THAT is beauty!!

Comments

Popular Posts