The Reason for the Season.

Yesterday my sweet little four year old did something that amazed me. As usual our house was busy...I said busy, not chaotic. Eh, let's be honest, it was crazy... busy. Every so often between homework, making dinner, and so on, my sweet daughter would enter the kitchen, then leave for a little bit. I saw her even take scissors at one point. Now looking back, I don't know why I didn't stop her. During all the hustle and bustle she had taken a magnetic picture frame off the fridge and cut a small picture to fit inside. She pushed all the other papers, lists, and notes aside and perfectly placed the picture framed in the center of the fridge. I turned the corner just in time to witness her finishing. She breathed heavily and said, "Well, that's way much betta." I looked to see what it was that she was so proud of. I saw a picture of our Savior's birth cut perfectly to size to fit inside our little magnetic frame. The only thing that fit inside was Jesus Christ. All the mess on the fridge seemed completely pointless when she placed his picture perfectly in the center. Wow. Pretty profound. Christ is the reason for the season. He needs to be the center of our home during Christmas time & always. I am so blessed to be a mother and learn something new everyday from my sweet kids.

Comments

Popular Posts